Sets up, writes and proves programs and operates CNC vertical and horizontal milling centres, lathes and mill / turns.
Creates programs using GibbsCAM computer software.
An Interprovincial Machinist qualification is preferred.
Manual machining experience would be an asset.
General computer skills would be an asset (ie: MS excel/word)
Machine specific and GibbsCAM training will be provided if needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Studies drawings, sketches, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
* Selects and sets up holding fixtures and jigs, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machine tools as necessary to machine parts as required.
* Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using precision measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
* Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required and maintains a clean and organized work area according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
* Confers with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
* Works well independently or in a team environment.
* Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
* Continues to learn and grow within our dynamic workplace.
* Ensures that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
Upon successful completion of a probationary period, Promac will provide an excellent compensation package including Industry leading wages, MSP coverage, extended health and dental, RRSPs and safety equipment cost allowances.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Machine Shop Foreman. Deadline to apply is 17th November 2017
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|